Mommy makeovers are more than a mere plastic surgery procedure, they are also a chance for new mothers to do something for themselves and to get back to a body that they love. We believe that every new mother should have a chance to fix problems with her body after birth. There is no reason to wait until your child is older or to wait until after you have had more children. Feel good in your body today.
The Five Things: Mommy Makeover
- There is no need to wait until your child is older. You can continue to have children after a mommy makeover procedure and there is typically no more than one to two months of complete down time.
- A mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgery surgeries and treatments ranging from a breast lift with or without augmentation, breast reduction, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), mini- abdominoplasty (mini tummy tuck) and liposuction (which can cover a number of areas from the upper arms to the thighs and buttocks or chin).
- If you plan to have another child within the next 6 months, then we recommend that you wait. However, otherwise, you can get the mommy makeover whenever you like. For additional information, speak with Dr. Angobaldo about your plans to choose the most appropriate time for the surgery.
- A caesarean section or hysterectomy will not affect your mommy makeover results and can actually help to remove the excess skin that can hang over in these areas as well as remove the scar in the area.
- It is important to prepare for the mommy makeover procedure by understanding why you are having the operation and by knowing what will be performed as well as what the results will be. It is also important to check that you do not have medical conditions that could interfere with the success of the procedure such as high blood pressures, smoking, or diabetes.
Will insurance cover a mommy makeover procedure?
As much as we think that you deserve to feel and look your best as a mom, your insurance company will not cover a mommy makeover procedure under most circumstances. This is because a mommy makeover procedures and most other plastic surgery procedures are considered cosmetic and are elective procedures. They are not needed for medical health and therefore do not need to be performed. They are performed for the pure happiness of the patient. If you are interested in learning more about the mommy makeover procedure or about any of the other plastic surgery procedures offered at Renaissance Plastic Surgery, please feel free to stop by or give us a call. We are always happy to answer patient’s questions and address their concerns. Every woman deserves to feel beautiful and to look her best regardless of whether or not she is a mother. If you have given birth, then you know that your body changes, but what you might not realize is that you can change your body as well. You can change your body back to its pre-pregnancy look and feel. We believe that if you want it, then you deserve it.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.
Follow Dr Plano
Dr. Jeff Angobaldo is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon located in Plano, TX
Copyright © 2017 Renaissance Plastic Surgery. All Rights Reserved Powered by www.CurrentMedia.net